what to do with left over baby food?

my son is 10 months and starting to feed himself little things... since this started he has been refusing to eat his baby food. im going to keep ptrying but i have got like 100 or more jars of diff fruits and veggies.. and probably 100 assorted meats also.
any ideas of what i can do with the food? i want to keep the jars and lids.

piercedmomma412

Asked by piercedmomma412 at 7:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• if there are leftovers already open.. refridgerate it.. it last for 3 days on some.. n as for the rest.. make him think its something new or mix it with his food?
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 7:19 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Give him a little food at a time in a bowl. That way if he doesn't eat it all, you put the jar in the fridge and use it the next meal or the next day. Also, if you want to keep the jars and lids, just wash them out, you don't have to throw them away because you are throwing away the food.

Anonymous

• You can add some of the foods to your own food. You'd be amazed what veggies or meats you can stir into spaghetti sauce or soup and no one can tell the difference.
    Anonymous

• The squash is pretty good added to pasta sauce. Add 2 or 3 jars to bump up the vitamin A and C in the sauce. I've heard of adding sweet potatoes to meat loaf, too. I have a cookbook called Deceptively Delicious and it basically tells you how to hide purred veggies to regular food so kids (and adults) get more veggies in their diet. The book calls for fresh, purred veggies, but I'm sure the jarred would work, too.
    vances_mom

Answer by vances_mom at 7:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• dogs love it - can also use it in homemade doggy treats or donate it to your local Basics for Baby or foodbank...
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 7:58 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I liked mixing the baby fruits into muffins and cake batter. Also you can use a dehydrator and dry some of the pureed fruits and veggies into fruit leathers. The pureed veggies can go into sauces and soups as can the meaty ones.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 8:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Holy cow that's a lot! I'd just mix it into other things he likes, and even into some of your own food. Google something like "baby food recipes", or "how to add baby food to regular food", or something, basically looking for regular recipes that use baby food in them. I know my grandma used to make a cake that had a few jars in, but I don't remember what it was...really good though!
    Anonymous