Out of control

My 3 year old is OUT of CONTROL.. I don't know what to do.... She screams, throws a fit, yells no at me makes her sister upset by telling her no (Her sister is only 2). I have tried everything I just don't know what to do to make it stop... ANY advise?

Younganproud

Asked by Younganproud at 7:21 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I'm sorry, I don't have any advice but if it makes you feel better I'm in the same boat. I think it's all 3 year olds really, cause she used to be such a sweet angel, then she turned 3 and she's a monster now lol. She NEVER listens to me anymore, and also makes her 1 year old sister upset all the time, and also entices her to do bad things that she knows I don't like them to do (like getting in the dogfood and stuff). Then when she's angry she will yell, scream, kick, and threaten to hit me. I'm hoping it's just a phase that will soon pass, cause she's driving me nuts!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• If you are ok with spanking then do that, if not you need to take toys away and enforce time out, she can spend time in her room alone when she is being mean to everybody else, then you can reward her good behavior, and just send her to her room when she does this and ignore her, she wants attention and is getting it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Ok with the spanking I did spank her she laughed at me. I thumped her she laughed, I did time out she laughed and threw a bigger fit. I took her toys away she didn't stop. I took her sister out of the room she didn't let up. I am at a complete lost on what to do... She looks at me and yells NO to me... I am really going nuts!!!!!!!!!!
    Younganproud

Answer by Younganproud at 7:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• our girls must be twins!!!!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Its like OMG I just don't know what to do..... Its way crazy here.. And must be..
    Younganproud

Answer by Younganproud at 7:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• You need to take all toys away and leave her alone in her room, and ignore her, if she laughs ignore her, she is getting attention that is what she wants. GIve her NO attention when she behaves this way, she will get tired of being ignored.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 8:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• i know what your going through im going through the same thing my son is the same age but i dont have a other child hes the one and only!!!!!
    elias1mamma22

Answer by elias1mamma22 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• It's time to spank. You tell her what the rules are. If she does not obey them, you spank her on bare skin. It is the best way to teach a child that she cannot do as she pleases and that she is under the authority of her parents. Start today and you will soon have a new child living in your home. You tell her once. You do not threaten. You simply do what you have told her you will do when she does not behave the way you have told her she must. Then you spank her, telling her you love her too much to tolerate such bed behavior. You do it before you get angry and you do it on her bare skin, preferably her bottom or her bare leg. It has to be hard enough that she feels the sting of her own bad behavior. She will cry, but that is mainly for sympathy so you will not do it again. Spanking is much magligned but it is simply the best way to break the habit of bad behaviors like those you are seeing.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Oh my goodness I wish I had an answer for you, myself, and anyone else who is going through this. I feel like I have tried it all. Spanking (shes over it in 10 seconds), time outs (a total joke), taking away privileges (she could care less), talking things out (she screams or spits while i'm talking). It has gotten to the point where I tried bringing her to a doctor to see if it may be something above and beyond just normal 3 year old behavior but they treated me like I was idiot. I really hope this "phase" doesn't last too much longer because she's been going through it since about 2 months before she turned 2!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2010