Why, as a female, would you say this?

Why would you say someone raped you if it wasn't true? Lets pretend that you have nothing obvious to gain-i.e., he won't go to jail, his friends/family wouldn't believe you, etc. And why would you wait a year and a half later to say something? Also, lets pretend that you were the kind of girl that really wouldn't turn anyone down for sex anyway. I need some insight on this one. I have been racking my brain and cannot come up with a logical conclusion.

EvaSerenity

Asked by EvaSerenity at 7:25 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Oh Eva...I was going to give you a pat response like, "some people are crazy." 'til I read it was an ex-wife. There's so much more in that bucket of fun, isn't there? There's just no crazy like that kinda crazy.

Whether it's your husband's ex or that of a friend's, know that there are others out there in your boat. :)
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 7:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• UM...Maybe he rejected her. Soooo....she thought that saying he raped her would ruin his image or name. As for waiting a year hell if I know. Sounds looney to me.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• no one can say if that it was not rape unless they were there. just because someone is a slut doesnt mean that they can not be raped. And I think most woman that claim rape do it not because they have soemthing to gain but simply because they were raped.
    Anonymous

• Because she doesn't want people to think she is easy and slutty so she will call rape to cover her own ass (that is if the rape didn't happen) Or she has a husband and did at the time stuff like that.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:28 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• some people are raped and NEVER talk about it!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• sometimes it may take that long to come to terms with it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• She is kinda proud of being a slut, idk why. I was kinda thinking the same thing, maybe he rejected her, but seriously, why wait so long to say something? She can't do anything to drag his name in the mud and she knows that-he's done a damn good job of that for himself. And if she was raped, she's not trying at all to give him any consequences for it, and will not admit that she even said it, if he asks her.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 7:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• And what's the biggie if she did sleep with him? He's her ex and baby's father, so that ship has sailed already.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 7:33 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Rape can occur within relationships as well, and people are not comfortable confronting their attacker, you cannot assume that she is lying.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Whose to say she didn't get raped? Even if she did every man in town, she has the right to say NO to the one she doesn't want to be with. Admitting being raped isn't an easy thing to do so I can't see a woman doing it just for fun. Maybe she doesn't want anything more than the truth to be known about the man. The man who raped me was inducted into a Hall of Fame last year and I was furious. I told the committee what he did. I knew he wouldn't go to jail. I knew I was putting my business out there but I wanted them to know the truth about him. He's NOT a Hall of Fame type of person in my opinion. He's a common rapist. So maybe there is merit to what she is saying.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2010