We moved to a new city, I have no friends and feel lonely and depressed, how do you get out of this slump??

We dont have alot of money so I cant do the whole retail therapy thing lol...I have only met a couple moms out here but we didnt really click and Im just feeling lonely, edgey and discouraged. My daughter began elementary school this year, maybe that also has something to do with these feelings but I just feel like I dont do anything with myself...(I dont want to work btw because most jobs will not allow me to leave at 2 to pick up my school aged daughter). Any advice? Sorry I am being a little whiney right now...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Health

• Maybe there is a church group you could get involved with. Try to get out during the day even if it is just to walk around the mall or something. Also I am part of this great website www.meetup.com and it is great for meeting people in your area that have the same interests ect. that you have. You should really check it out. I hope things pick up for you.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 7:34 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I am in the same boat have been for almost 2 years the only friends I have are related to my DH and his job, it is terrible and saddening, I tried joining groups and such but people here are clicky and don't add new friends.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Do they allow the parents to help out in your daughters classroom? I do that with my sons kindergarten class and this has allowed me to meet the kids he plays with and their parents.
    MamaSpurg

Answer by MamaSpurg at 7:38 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• i got a job that's what helped me, now i am in school and get to mingle more with people.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I'm sorry you're in a slump. Slumps suck. Are you getting out and walking the neighborhood? Can you hit the Starbucks once a week and just sit? Sometimes if you get into a routine of walking around you'll meet others. The suggestion of the class is a good idea. Also, volunteer somewhere and maybe through your child you'll meet other Moms (playdates). Good luck, get out and get air.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:39 PM on Feb. 22, 2010