Will WIC let you rent a breast pump even if you don't "qualify" for WIC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I going to say likely no, but it wouldn't hurt to ask.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:43 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• the hospital rents them don't they? i'm not sure about WIC
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I would say no because they hardly have enough to go around to those on WIC and I do believe they give them not rent them. Have you checked with the hospital? Usually the hospital rentals are very reasonable and the best you can find.

Anonymous

• NO. But you can find a local Medela dealer, or rent one from your local hospital.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• WIC does not rent out breast pumps. Your insurance will pay for you to rent one from the hospital,
    Anonymous

• I would say no, as they have a limited amount, and where I live the waiting list is so long it's easier to just buy or rent one elsewhere. If you need a pump, see about renting one from the hospital or having your doctor prescribe one and seeing if insurance will pay part of the cost.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Nope.
    Anonymous

• They don't rent them. They give them away. There isn't a waiting list here. My sister is on WIC and she got a brand new Ameda Purely Yours breast pump the same day she told them she needed one because she was returning to work and school after having her baby.

Contact LLL, babies-r-us, the hospital, or a LC to see about renting one. Also many insurance companies will pay for the cost of a breastpump.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2010