why does my boyfriend always watch porn and lie about it

he always watches them when im not home and hides the dvd's around the house then lies about them

brittbrat7682

Asked by brittbrat7682 at 7:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• The question I would be asking myself is why would I put up with a man who lies to me?

Anonymous

• maybe he is addicted?.... alot of men struggle w/ porn addiction... do you confront him and ask why he lies about it? and why he watches it?

Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 7:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Again... I would ask why would I put up with a man who has an adition.... and lies about it.
    Anonymous

• You know what you can do in this situation? My husband used to watch porn all the time and wouldn't tell me! So when I found out I told him that I loved porn and would love to watch it with him! It was the hardest ten minutes of my life, but he was so embarrassed he couldn't even look at me! He got up and turned it off and walked out of the room red faced! I went in and asked him what was wrong and he told me that he had always watched it by himself and never thought that someone else would ever watch it with him. He said that he didn't want me to look at other mens stuff! We then talked about that I felt the same way and we are going on two years of no porn! Maybe this might work for you! Trust me it will be horrible for you but if it works you won't have to deal with it again!
    cgonzales542

Answer by cgonzales542 at 7:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

•  he might lie b/c he is ashamed? most people lie when they have an addiction whether its drugs or anything. if you love him and want to work on things you guys need to talk about this i known a few couples who went through porn addiction before.

Anonymous

• maybe he doesn't want you to get mad at him. are you? and if you are ask why? then talk to him about it.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Because he doesn't want to be yelled at

Answer by admckenzie at 8:03 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Does he lie because you don't like it? Does he know you are ok with it (if you are)? If you're not ok with it then he has a severe lack of respect for you and it's time for a serious discussion.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:06 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Im still hung up with why you put up with it. This is a boyfriend not a husband.  THat is the point of dating... to discern if this is the person for you.

If he is the person for you then accept that he is always going to lie about this issue and simply leave it alone.

If this is not something you condone (porn and/or lying) and you are not willing to put up with - drop him.

Anonymous

• He probably assumes you'll be upset with him for watching it. It's ridiculous how some women are so possesive, or possibly paranoid - I can't really think of the right word, that they actually flip out if their SO watches porn. My boyfriend watches porn in the event that I can not take care of him, such as when I'm asleep or I'm sick or if he desperately needs to get off but I'm busy working or taking care of the kids because believe me there have been times I've had friends over and the sudden urge to get off over powers me and I'll tell me friend to watch the kids, I grab my boyfriend and drag him into the bedroom.
    Anonymous