can u think of anyone who classifies as a supermom/superwife?

my personal qualifications are :
1. keeping a clean house
2. cooking the majority of meals
3. going to all family events when health permits (school meetings to games to family get togethers)
4. washing laundry before it piles up (and put it away)
5. being an active/loving part in your kids life
6. laying out clothes for all family members who need help (DH included)
7. being in charge of keeping bills paid
8. staying sane through it all
lol, well, i kno i dont even meet all of my own personal qualifications. tell me if u fit them all, or most. which ones do you have the most trouble with? do you have other ideas of what makes a super mom??? i kno i am always thinking i can do better, so lets make a game out of it. how many moms can we get to respond to this and answer honestly?

Phippsandrea

Asked by Phippsandrea at 8:26 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I dont do any of that, I clean when DD goes to bed- my house is lived in not a show of perfection, I cook sometimes not most of the time because i have a picky eater and it goes to waste, i dont do laundry on a regular basis because i have to take it to my parents so i do it when i have a chance(but its always atleast once every 1 1/2 weeks), i dont lay out clothes for anyone- i just get DD dressed. I dont go to family get togethers often because they dont happen often, the only thing i do is be a loving part of my DD's life....
    Anonymous

• LOL I can say that that qualifies my husband as Superdad/Super Husband! He's awesome!
    Anonymous

• I could answer yes to everything except the laundry..That is the chore I always put off..I throw the clothes in the laundry room then shut the door, lol, and it seems the bigger the pile the more I avoid it..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 8:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Those qualifications would make me one, but I would say I am. My mom however is! She works 70 hours a week, is a full time college student, and takes care of her kids and the house! Now that's a supermom.
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 8:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• hey dont get me wrong though, my house is "clean" and "tidy" .... the only cleaning things i do on a daily basis are vacuum and dishes because i have hard wood floor and cant stand ANY dirt when i walk bare foot and we dont have a dishwasher
    Anonymous

• Mine is still in the womb so it's pretty easy to meet all of her needs. I do all of that. DH and I have a very busy community service calendar and I am at every event, usually feeding the people. DH is extremely supportive of me and we have a great marriage and that makes it possible.

My mom is a super mom. It's easier to learn the skills when you have seen it in action your whole life.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I do all of that, except laundry. My DH takes care of that.

I also run two internet businesses, I'm a volunteer fire fighter and teach exercises classes once a week and emergency response classes 2-3 times a year, plus sit on the board of the local Citizens Corp and work a full & part time job.

Spend as much time w/ married daughter and grandkids as their schedule allows ... and hang out with teenage daughter before she moves out this summer. :-(

It sounds really busy, but the exercise class is only once a week, the fire dept training is one night a week ... plus calls which average 4-7 a week .... and the other stuff is once a quarter or so.
    MaryJacobs

Answer by MaryJacobs at 8:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Stepford wives!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• uhm...laying out clothes? gimme a break....my husband can't pick out his own clothing to wear?....codependent!!!!
    Anonymous

• I do all of that and I am not super Mom, I am just me....there are many things I am lacking in- like taking better care of myself!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2010