what's the average amount of milk for a 12 month old to drink per day?

She eats lunch and dinner, not too big on breakfast, and has water/juice through out the day.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I think it's 16-20 oz per day? Something like that. I give my 14 month old 1 cup of milk with each meal and water for morning snack/juice with pm snack.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• 16-24 oz. That way they get enough of the vitamins and minerals in it, but they're not drinking too much to interfere with their appetite for regular food.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 8:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Thank you!
    Anonymous

• A 1 year old should have 3 servings of dairy a day - whether that's 8oz of milk, a cup of yogurt, an ounce of cheese, pudding, ice cream, etc. Your 1 year old
    Anonymous

• We give my son only about 10-16 oz/day of milk because otherwise he gets constipated. I think that the "standard" is no more than 18 oz.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2010