tubes tied

i have a question i am getting induced tomorrow and i am also having my tubes tied will the doctor go through my belly button or will he do it all vaginal since im delivering vaginally?

MrsKeys420

Asked by MrsKeys420 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• sounds like a good q for your dr.
    Anonymous

• It'll be done through a small incision in your belly button - and chances are it won't be done til at least a few hours after you deliver. I had it done 3 years ago - all parties involved knew that after having baby vaginally my tubes would be tied, but of course it all depended on the time of day, when the surgery would happen. I ended up delivering at 10pm, so I was added to the surgery rotation for the next day - surgery was around 2. I had a 1 inch incision along the bottom of my belly button. They don't do that stuff vaginally to anyone! My SIL had the small belly button incision plus 2 tiny incisions in her ovary area. Most likely you'll just have the 1 small incision in your belly button. Best of luck mama, the recovery isn't the easiest when you've just had a baby too - at least mine wasn't!
    Anonymous

• IT will be your belly button.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2010