Check this box if you want this question to appear anonymously

Why is it that people choose to ask a question and to do it without attaching their name to it? The question about the 'sex towels' in the bedroom for example. Why is sex so shameful to you? Even the question about the TV in the bedroom. Are you afraid of someone answering that they have a TV in their room for their porn, and you don't want the word PORN associated with your account?

I am just curious. Why do you think they refuse to attach their names to things?

LokisMama

Asked by LokisMama at 9:00 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Because I can post anonymously. That is my choice, not anyone else's.  I have my reasons and I don't have to tell anyone what they are unless I want to. : )

Anonymous

• Because people bash them sometimes and they'd rather not deal with it. Also some people are more modest and some questions are embarrassing.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I know that 3 of my sisters have accounts on cafemom and that if my username is searched it brings up all my questions and answers. Some things I like to keep private but still want answers or share my answers with others.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• *giggle* Bashing as a reason. Really? Bashing someone about something they said on the internet is only effective if you drive to their house and physically beat them with the keyboard.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 9:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Hmmm... my question is this, why does it matter so much to you if they are anon or not? Does it personally effect you? Maybe they feel more comfortable asking a question without anyone knowing their screen name and later stalking their profile page. Maybe they are asking a question that would be offensive to some people on their f-list and they don't want to alienate those people. Maybe they just like to check that anon box because it's a hell of a lot of fun. Who knows and who cares? It doesn't really bother me much.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Anything with sex I'm not afraid to post as is.

But I posted an anonymous question today dealing with something personal (not sexual) because I don't want anyone to know.

I love the anon option when it isn't abused.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 9:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Because people have a CHOICE to post with or without their name. It really is nobody's business.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• CM has many places to make comments in this area there the anonymous box that can be click. If you want to see screen names go elsewhere but a comment is a comment with or without screen name.

Anonymous

• because of people like you
    Anonymous

• I use the anonymous option if I'm talking about sex because I have a couple personal friends on CM. If you don't know me, you answer the question objectively, but frankly, I feel like it is not just embarrssing, but also disrespectful to my DH for our friends to know about our sex life. Also I have made friends on CM that have different views about childrearing than I do. We have other things in common and I value that, but I don't want those differences to come between us, so I post controversial questions anonymously. And, like a PP said, I actually don't like being personally bashed on here. You may not consider that valid, but I do have feelings.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2010