tips for planning a cruise?

We are planning a cruise with another couple and none of us have been on one before. We are looking for advice or suggestions or just simple things we should know about them Any help is appreciated, Thanks

kelka24

Asked by kelka24 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Travel

• For sure go to a travel agent cause they can get you better deals.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• The bathroom is going to be tiny. You really don't have a ton of space to pack all of your toiletries and curling irons and pretty stuff. Try to stream line.

Leave space in your luggage for things you buy on your stops.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:08 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• There's too much to say in this little space.. Pm me if you have specific questions.. I've been on 10 so far and we are going on one this fall. It's our favorite way to travel!
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• cruises are a great way to travel. rooms are small don't bring a lot of stuff. you will end up in a bathing suit and wrap most of the day but you will have to bring "fancy" clothing if you will be dining in their dining hall a few nights they require you to dress up. Other nights its casual. If you bring a hair dryer you may need an adapter to plug it in. you will eat all day and definitely gain weight lol plan your day excursions yourself. Research ahead the best beaches and places to go don't pay the cruise line to bring you to them. the trips are short and you won't get to do as much. BRING a watch (waterproof) when you get off the ship you will need to be back on time. I usually bring my own snorkling gear but thats just me. definitely pack an extra bag to bring home all the stuff you buy. plan your budget ahead. you will need to tip the waiters and room attendants etc.. plan an alcohol budget lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• when we first started we found that www.cruisecritc.com had the best info on packing, ports, ships, everthing. we usually book withthe cruiseline diretly. if you find that the price goes lower (it often does) they with match. We are booked at Easter with 2 other family friends. That will be a first for us. You will have a great time . I hope nobody is prone to motion sickness. If so- get a patch from your Dr.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2010