Did this ever happen to you after labor??

My third child had just been born and with in 5minutes I just could not keep my eyes open and I was fighting sooo hard to keep them open. I just kept falling asleep and when I did wake up I felt like vomiting and actually was still vomiting. The nurse kept coming and checking on me because they were so concerned and didn't snow what was wrong. I had gotten an epidural (my third one) and it never did that to me before and the anesthesiologist had to re-do it three times. I just felt like I was dying and was fighting for my life. I've looked into it but couldn't find out anything useful. so I am just curious if its happened to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well i had a c-section so i was very medicated but i sleep most for the time up to the c-section then half the time i was at the hospital after have my DD i would fight and fight to stay awake but would end up falling a sleep in the middle of talk or something
    im guess it was the meds for me
    19bubbles91

Answer by 19bubbles91 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Anesthesia made me sick...i vomited the whole time i was in labor and through the entire c-section....other than that exhaustion from what your body went through would cause you to almost fall out immediately!!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 9:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I didn't vomit, but I did fall asleep, well, pass out really. I had six hours of labor, though, and no epidural, so I was just tired. I would say it was the meds that were making you sick. Demerol does that to my mom.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:17 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I vomited after they put in the cathitor (however you spell it : ) I felt sick and spinny, loopy too. With my first after having him. I was so surprised I'd made a baby, I said it's a baby? as if asking a question lol. Well I was so so tired, I didn't hold him much, I fell asleep. I think sometimes after labor you just need to take a breather, nap, and or relax.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 9:35 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• it was probably a hormonal overload! you go through so much during labor so being all those hormones mixed with all the meds, is probably why you had such a strong reaction. i had such bad shakes i thought i was freezing! but turns out i just had hormones going nuts.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 9:41 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I didn't have an epi, but I have definitely heard of this reaction. Shakes are a common response to labor, I had them, too. The symptoms you're describing are common to epidurals.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• i was in labor for 26 hours then eneded it with an emergecny c-section..during the surgery i was shaking so bad my teeth were chattering...after my son came out they showed him to me and i yelled "my babbbyyy" lol..then they took him to the NICU with my DH in toe..(upon my request) .. the last thing i remember in the OR was then saying about 10 more mins and were done..then waking up in recovery asking my DH where the baby was.then passing back out again..i delvierd him at 11:15 pm and didnt even get a chance to see him clearley until after 2am. i didnt throw up but i felt like it until i ate then i was fine...i cannot stand vomiting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Feb. 23, 2010