how far after conception do you start feeling pregnant and have symptoms?

SuperSavy

Asked by SuperSavy at 9:29 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For me, it was between 2 & 4 weeks. The first symptoms I noticed were nausea and having to go to the bathroom more often.
    momov4kids

Answer by momov4kids at 9:30 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• With my first, I had fatigue and some mild food aversion starting about a week after ovulation, but it wasn't enough for me to associate it with pregnancy; that didn't happen until I missed my period.

With my second, I had just about every symptom in the book a week after ovulation, and was fairly confident then that I was pregnant, though I waited for a missed period to confirm with a test.

It varies from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. For the most part, you won't start feeling symptoms until at least a week or so after ovulation because that's when the hormones start to come out in droves. Some women feel symptoms within a few days, some have none until they feel they feel the baby kick (discounting missed periods, of course).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:48 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• With the first pregnancy, I felt pregnant about a week after conception. First symptoms were tender breasts and super sensitive nipples (when the water from the shower hit them it was ungodly painful) plus just this feeling that I was pregnant. I didn't feel the nausea until about 5 weeks after. With my current pregnancy it was about 4 weeks after conception that I felt any symptoms at all
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 9:49 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• i'm just having some weird things happen. My areolas (sp) have blue veins in them that i've never noticed before and my vagina seems darker and with me its going to be hard to tell,because of my auto-immune disease because i have some of these symptoms all year long.
    SuperSavy

Answer by SuperSavy at 10:01 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• A week after conception I had this terrible pain in my right side, just by my ovaries. I left it for a week but by the Friday it was so bad I couldn't even walk and we got worried I was having an ectopic pregnancy. We went to the ER and everything checked out fine, they just told me that my ovary was inflamed. The pains subsided at week 3 and then the nausea set in ha! So, I guess my story is, if you get terrible cramps, don't freak out it can be normal, but if they continue go and see a doctor just in case!
    Anonymous

• My boobs got big within days. DH said I "smelled pregnant."
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• as of boob pain not much yet just a dull nagging kinda of pain
    SuperSavy

Answer by SuperSavy at 10:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I just felt "icky" and I didn't even think about pregnancy for about 3 weeks. I think I must have started feeling it within at least a few days.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:23 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• It depends on the person and how in touch they are with their own body.
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i wish i knew when i concieved its very confusing to me :/
    SuperSavy

Answer by SuperSavy at 3:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2010