Scott Brown - representing his constituents first or "traitor"?

Interesting seeing the spin this is getting depending on the news source. Some of them barely mention the thing passed with more than 60 votes (meaning his vote was unnecessary and didn't determine anything)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If he wants to be re-elected in MA he must play the political game..and thats all it is for MOST of our current elected officials..WHAT do I have to do to get re-elected

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:54 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I think the GOP is having their feet held to the fire for obstructing everything. I think this is grandstanding and we will not vote for the final bill. I think eventually he will be in lockstep with the republicans.
    Anonymous

• I think that if people thought that Brown would be a party line guy, they clearly weren't listening to what he said. He said he would do his best to represent his constituency. That is what they all are supposed to do.

I am not surprised that he voted for the jobs bill, considering how bad people are financially hurting right now.  It's possible that the people in Mass. that he represents did the patriotic thing and actually called his office or wrote letters telling him what they want him to do.  Isn't that how it's supposed to work?

Anonymous

• What does not make sense to me is the money from first "stimulus" which was going to so called "create jobs" has not even all been spent.Why spend more?
    Anonymous

• I agree w/Anon 11:42

ixix
    Anonymous

• It's because the stimulus is set to trickle down over time. Alot of the so called shovel ready jobs are set to start in time to make it appear as if it is working during the election cycle.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:34 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• According to our inexperienced and special interest swayed President ~over 2 million more people would be without a job without the Stimulus Recovery Act. So, can we say the first stimulus and all it's PET PROJECTS, PORK, and special interest filled CRAP failed?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:40 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

According to Charlie Crist it created about 85,000 jobs in Florida. According to Arnold its created more than 215,000 in CA. Accrording it has created thousands of jobs except when the cameras are rolling than its bad, very very bad

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• You can look at the recovery.gov site and see your area and jobs created/saved and what money went to and how much.I have looked at it for my area and surrounding cities and its crazy..a joke
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I think it's hilarious! Seemed like the GOP was giddy about breaking up the democratic strong hold and now they have a guy in there (yea!!) that is (what I just heard on The Early Show on CBS) voting "independently" as to what his constituents want! (booooo) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......Good for him! Makes me laugh.....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 8:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2010