what do dreams mean? Please read I been having some weaird dreams it is kinda starting to scare me....I don't wantch scarry movies cause they freak me out so that isn't an issue, DH isn't abusive in anyway so that isn't an issue either. Last thing I eat is dinner at like 5:30 or 6 so that shouldn't be why, but I keep having these dreams

What do they really mean? I been having some weaird dreams like I have been having lots of dreams of me in the woods that I am either being chased, that someone is trying to kill me or me being rapped. I had a dream one day a couple months ago that someone broke into the house why'll sleeping and someone was at the foot of the bed with a gun pointing at me and DH a few weeks ago I had a dream that we had an elivator in our house and like there was a big cap in the floor and my 25 month old fell down there and she died I woke up crying and I ended up going to check on her. Last night I had a dream that DH killed someone in our basement and then our house became honted so now I am scared of the house lol, but why do I keep dreaming these things? What do they mean?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Dreams are just your subconscious expressing your emotions and fears. If you feel scared or chased in your dreams, you are probably dealing with big problems in your life. You are too stressed out.  That's all.  No hidden meanings, no religious or supernatural stuff.  Plain ol' emotions bringing themselves to your attention.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• oh ya sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night the dreams wake me up or sometimes I will sleep through them and wake up in the morning thinking they are real
    Anonymous

• Are you stressed out about anything? Dreams are our minds way of processing what goes on during the day. Depending on what level of sleep you enter, the dreams can seem very realistic. Try keeping a "dream diary" When you have a dream like that, immediately write down what you remember of it. The next day, try to identify the causes of it, what elements your mind may be taking from your "waking" life, etc. Talking them out may also help; it sometimes does for me. When I dream, they are always realistic and make me feel as though I am living them, but I don't remember them when I wake, so the diary idea never worked for me, but since you do clearly remember them it may for you. Linking elements of your dreams to your waking life can help you to see them as just dreams, and so can identifying fears (death of a child) and stressors (someone is rushing you into something you don't want to do)

preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 10:16 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Dreams are seldom messages in the literal sense. There are good books and websites on dream interpretation.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I don't think dreams are necessarily message or omens, but they ARE symbolic of something going on in your head. Is there anything you feel threatened by at all in your life? I also believe in God and Satan, and I believe Satan can torment people. When I was a child by father did a lot of preaching, and in one place he preached, me and all my brothers had LOTS of scary dreams at night. We didn't even HAVE tv, and we were not used to having bad dreams. Is there someone you can pray with? A minister you can talk to who can encourage you?
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:09 PM on Feb. 22, 2010