My boyfriend works on the road and we have a hard time with conversation??

We have been together on and off since 7th grade, and it's real bad when it's off, and it's real good when its on. When I got pregnant we got together and have been "official" for over 2 years. He works on the road and is only home 1 week every 3 months until I get through school. When we talk on the phone usually it only lasts 5min.. I literally don't know what to talk about and all he ever gives me is yes and no and i dunno answers. I don't know a lot of personal details other than what his family has told me about him.. Do you have any advice on how to get a convo started and how to Really talk to him??

HaileysMom27

Asked by HaileysMom27 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Some people suck at phone convo's. Have you had face to face conversations that were meaningful? Maybe try e-mails or texting? My hubby and I do 75% of our talking through Blackberry messenger.
    Anonymous

• That is NOT a good relationship and it is NOT going to work. SORRY
    Anonymous

• Wow one week out of every three months! No wonder you don't have alot to talk about, you haven't had time to build a relationship. What does he listen to on the road? Ask him where is staying or how was dinner. He sounds like maybe he doesn't have alot of social skills. Tell him about your daughter. Maybe texting would be easier since it's only a sentence or two at a time.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:02 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I had an ex who was like this. When we were going thru school in different states he never really talked about anything. So sometimes I'd come prepared with some questions to ask him written down...and he always liked talking about certain hobbies of his so I'd ask about that even though it's usually the same conversation we had before.
    Anonymous

• Doesn't sound like there is much of a relationship left. Either he's seeing someone else and doesn't want to tell you, or he has lost interest in you. I'd find out for sure. It's hard to maintain a relationship when you can't even hold a decent conversation, you know?

Sorry. :-(
    Anonymous

• Wow, my first thought is what some other's said... that there's not much of a relationship. Do you love each other? Do you want to know all about each other's lives? On the other hand, I can't judge since I know so little about you. Maybe he really is just totally bad at phone conversations? Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:05 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• try putting a little spice into things! My dh goes crazy when I send him a naughty text or leave him a sexy voicemail...
    mikeysmomma2007

Answer by mikeysmomma2007 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2010