What do you think of people who are always using the word 'like' when they speak?

It's like, umm, I like, find this totally like, annoying!!!!! Grrrrrrr.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i say it so i guess you would like completely like dislike me, like right?
    Anonymous

• LOL. It is so , like, 1970's,you know?
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I use to think it was annoying until my husband told me that I say it all the time lol...

same thing with ..Ummm... lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:24 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Probably most of us say it sometimes, but if you're talking about people who use it every other word, I would say they come across as being self-conscious. Or gay.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:40 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Ooh, since I do it all the time, it doesn't bother me. I probably don't even notice. I wonder if we all grew up in SoCal.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:46 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• It's considered a distracting mannerism. I hate it. I was a navy instructor once upon a time and we would have failed an evaluation if we inserted UMMMMMMMS or LIKEs into our lectures. Because of that, I will not use "like" in any context except for expressing my appreciation for something. My daughters don't either.
    Anonymous

• I say it sometimes...who like, cares anyway? I've never known anyone but teenagers who overuse it...and I like, don't hang out with them anyway, so it isn't like an issue.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 1:13 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• A lot of it has to do with the area/part of the country you grew up in. I grew up in the Chicago suburbs and have since moved south. My hubby and all his friends always give me a hard time about my "northern" accent, which includes saying the word like a lot. I don't even realize that I say it. It is just embedded into my casual speech. I am far from a teenager, graduated 3rd in my class when I was and majored in English in college. I know how to speak properly, but as I said, in casual conversation it comes out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• LIKE They are LIKE annoying and should LIKE think through their LIKE sentences before LIKE speaking - LIKE ugh!
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 6:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Adelicious
    Probably most of us say it sometimes, but if you're talking about people who use it every other word, I would say they come across as being self-conscious. Or gay.

LMAO @ gay
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2010