i need relief

i'm 19 weeks pregnant and I've been having bhc's like crazy. i'm a pretty aggressive athlete so i have a high tolerance for pain but these bhc's hit me so hard when i'm just trying to relax or go to sleep. the back pain is pretty unbearable too. i exercise regularly and have a healthy diet. tylenol does not work at all, i might as well be taking a placebo. how do i get relief when i just wanna rest

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if uve been having alot of pain, u should talk to ur doc to make sure everything is fine-hope u get better soon!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 11:07 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• I always feel bad for mothers that are normally athletic...because pretty much the only thing you can do is cut down on the exercising. Not totally eliminate it, no, because it's a great thing for you and for the baby, but you have to cut down a lot. Just try maybe taking one really good walk everyday, do stretches, join a mama yoga class :) hope that helps
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:10 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Try going to the chiropractor.
    Anonymous

• call the doc, it could be preterm labor you should definitely get checked out and put on the monitor
    Anonymous

• they're just braxton hicks...doc is not concerned...she just said use tylenol......i have cut down A LOT on working out. i don't lift weights anymore and cut out running which was hard for me. i'm just doing shoulder excercises to keep my arms toned...mild ab exercises my doc recommended, and 20 min on the tredmil which...totals about 45 min every other day....which is A LOT less then i did b4 i was pregnant......PLEASE NO SUGGESTING GOING TO THE DOC....SHE SAID I'M FINE
    Anonymous

• warm bath!
    with my last pregnancy, I darm near had to live in the bath tub to get any relief!
    Anonymous

• thank you...those are the answers i'm looking for :)
    Anonymous

• I used a heating pad set on low for my back pain. for the BHC's that you can feel in your stomach then you should get on your knees and elbows and rock back and forth for a few seconds I have no clue why it helps but it does for me. Um, there's really not much you can do other then make sure you are getting enough water throughout the day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2010