• In the Spotlight:

Shaving

Ok so I'm 36 1/2 weeks pregnant and have my 1st pelvic exam tomorrow. I have always shaved down there just not as much through pregnancy cause its harder to do. So I just tried and totally couldnt get/see everything uhhhhh... How many of you regular shavers had to stop at the end and if you didn;t stop how did you manage this task??
oh and DH.... NOT doing it lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• you're just now having a pelvic exam? your way far along!
    I stop shaving during pregnancy...
    Anonymous

• I had to just give up. Was not about to trust hubby with a razor down there! LOL call me paranoid!

honey, the doctor/midwife is not gonna give a crap if you have a forest or are smooth or anything inbetween! they've seen it all! It's about as silly as worrying about having your hair cut before going! LOL
    Anonymous

• anon@39 I think she means the first one to check for dilation LOL

I had a pap at the first visit but no other "down there" exams until then.
    Anonymous

• treat yourself to a wax....its not as painful as ppl would think.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Sorry my DH was my savior, he shaved me and i love him for it. He even shaved my legs when i got so big it was hard to do.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 11:45 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• OP here, Yeah I meant 1st exam for dilation, sorry for leaving that out but in the beginning I had no problem shaving lol. I know they have seen it all but I hate not shaving. I guess I need to just brave it out and go for natural for a few weeks =(
    Anonymous

• Beard trimmers, you may not be smooth but they have a guard so you can't knick yourself and they'll at least trim the hair so you don't look like a whooly mamoth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I just shave by feel. But seriously, your dr does not care if you shave or not!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010