Birth Control

Has anyone's birthcontrol ever made them feel queasy and have terrible headaches and make your boobs throb and cause you to miss your period? I am having all these symptoms on MonoNessa (which is suppose to be the same as Ortho Cyclen). I have taken a preg test just to be sure and was neg. Just curious if anyone else's BC made them have these symptoms and if so what did you do about it? My son is 13 months old and I have been on this BC for about 4 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:44 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes...i had to switch birth controls....ask for ortho tri cyclen lo.....it has a lower dose of hormones
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:55 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• Most birth control actually works by tricking your body into thinking it's pregnant so you won't ovulate. So it's not unusual to have pregnancy-like symptoms on BC. Personally, I couldn't handle ANY form of hormonal BC. I tried two different kinds just before I got married and I felt like I was going nuts! Then I used the NuvaRing for about two years. That was better, but I was struggling with depression the whole time which lifted after I stopped the ring. Now we use good ole' rubbers, and while I hate them, it's better than my body doing crazy things! Good luck! Shop around 'til you find what works! Oh, PS, the ortho tricycline was the first one I tried, I think....
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• threre's a huge difference between ortho tri cyclen and ortho tri cyclen lo
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2010