when do you start your period after having a baby??

I had my baby in dec by c-section dec 8th actually, and i breast fead for maybe 3 weeks.. when do i get my period??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Feb. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• about 2 months you should be back on your regular cycle....you'll be bleeding constantly for 6 weeks after giving birth as well
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:53 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I am totally not laughing at you sweetie. I bled for 3 months after my c-section, lol. So I'm not really sure when that first actual period comes in, good luck!
    Anonymous

• I havent had a regular period since i had my DS and he was born in August, good luck!
    LogansMama09

Answer by LogansMama09 at 11:57 PM on Feb. 22, 2010

• my son's 5 months and no period yet [and no I didn't breastfeed.. i couldn't]
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I had a c section also, only bled for 2 weeks (really light after the first week) and the got my period back at 4 months, and I was breastfeeding full time. It just depends!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I got my period back at 14 months with my daughter that I breastfed for 2 years.

My son is 7 months old, I'm breastfeeding and I haven't had one yet.

I'm not ovulating right now though (charting) so I'm not expecting one any time soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i bfed my son for 14 months and had a vaginal birth. i got my period back at 4 months pp, but it was not regular bc of bfing. i think i had a total of 4 or 5 periods after i had him. i'm 26 wks pregnant now. so, it was awesome only have 5 periods in a years time.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 2:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i had my son by c-section as well. i bled for 8 weeks straight after i had him (i only breastfed for 1 mth)..a week in btwn i didnt bleed then was bleeding again for 3 weeks straight..my periods still to this day are all scrwed up and its been 2 yrs...good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• That little bit of breastfeeding could delay it a bit, but it's not likely. Might need to talk to someone if it doesn't come back in the next month.
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 3:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I had my son 12/09/10, and he just celebrated his 1st birthday. Other than the postpardum bleeding after he was born, I have not had a regular cycle. So a few more months it will be 2 years since I have had a regular cycle, and almost a full year since his birth, and the end of the postpardum bleeding. He is a breastfed baby, but in the past few months, not very frequently. I like not having a cycle, but hate not knowing when it will start.
    pamelakeller

Answer by pamelakeller at 2:56 PM on Dec. 11, 2011