Can I make their parents take care of them !!!!

My husband passed away about 2 months ago... a few months prior to that we got custody of his brothers 2 kids ( his brother and brothers g/f, are druggies, and so ever since they were born, other family members have taken care of them, which they no longer can do) .We wanted a stable home for them,a nd that is why we took them in, we planned on raising them ( they are 6 & 9) with our kids ( 1&3) . The parents are not "strung out" they still function everyday, they just always have to "party" and yet they are 15 years older than me ! I cant do it by myself, I dont have the energy, or the money, we have to move to my moms just to make it. they are soo bad and they constantly want their mom and dad because they dont listen or want to go to school and are mean to my kids.... Couldnt I somehow make their parents take them back, or take parenting classes or something, i wont let them go to foster care but I just dont know what to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh WOW! Sorry to hear about your husband. Why didn't you guys think of a plan of action in case of one of your passings after taking custody of the children? Think of it this way, if you had passed away instead of your husband do you think he would have gave up on these kids? I mean I know where you are coming from, you have your own children to deal with. But maybe you should try to go see a case worker. Maybe they can help you with some sort of care or family counseling, or even individual counseling for you all. My mother raised a handicapped family member and thier caseworker offered a number of a daycare that if she ever needed a break she could just call it and he could go there for a few hours so that she could get a break from time to time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• HUGS!!! I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I don't know what to say, but hang in there!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2010