WHAT CAUSES PREMATURE LABOR?

im really worried about having my baby early.. not right now but earlier then 42 weeks because im always around cigg smoke. everyone in my family smoke so i cant keep away from it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• move out, and i smoke, im 37 weeks, you and baby will live. chill out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I don't know what the PP just said. I don't blame you for being worried. I think it's a good idea not to take mommy advice from a pregnant woman who smokes! Not trying to be offensive, just common sense! Likely baby will be alright, but it's good to be safe. Drink LOTS of water and keep yourself healthy. Get out of the house and away from the smoke as much as possible. I would find a different place to live, if you can, because you don't want baby breathing this stuff after you give birth!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:31 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I was always around ppl who smoke.. and at time I just couldn't stay away because I was in converstations and whatnot.. but my son came at 41 weeks.. who knows when he'ld come out if I wasn't induced lol
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 12:55 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Anytime after 37/38 weeks is considered full term. I would try to limit your exposure to second hand smoke and keep yourself healthy.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 1:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• hormones
    genetics
    stress
    injury

other reasons a doctor may want to take a baby early:
    complications for the mom (preeclamsia being the main one)
    complications with the baby such as interuteran growth restriction, and others
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010