Is my cervix suppose to be like this?

My hubby and I are TTC our 5th child. I am 9dpo and my cervix is still high, soft, and slightly open. Isn't it suppose to drop back down and get firm right before AF? I've had some other symptoms: VERY crampy, but not like AF cramps more like twinges kinda and an upset tummy. I'm hoping these are good signs!!

kelleybug20

Asked by kelleybug20 at 1:36 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• so confused.. sorry :(
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 1:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• if you're pregnant, it won't be open.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Due to this variation between women, checking the position of your cervix to determine pregnancy is not a reliable indication of whether or not your are pregnant. More reliable ways to find out if you are pregnant is take a sensitive home pregnancy test or by visiting your doctor for a pregnancy blood test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• It can feel open on the outside but actually be closed. The cervix will move high, become soft on the outside but firm on the inside, and be like I said be closed on the inside at some point during pregnancy but unless you chart regularly you won't know if this is normal for you or if it's a pregnancy sign.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My cervix was the least reliable thing when TTC.....I got pregnant 3 times and my cervix was usually low and not very soft (it also was always a little open since I had previous kids). I used temping for my second and just "let it happen" the other times, would wake up and say "I think I am pregnant," I was RIGHT! I always had a "feeling" but never anything concrete until I finally got my BFP.
    croneasm

Answer by croneasm at 9:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2010