I just slipped in Walmart and did a split I am currently 9 months pregnant..help with this please!

I went to Walmart to get my daughter some juice because she ran out while the hubby was at work.I got the groceries while my husband walked off,when I went to find him I was looking down each isle to see if I could see him and slipped in some blue liquid on the floor and did a split not a little split a big split and I caught myself before hitting the floor.I then started walking again and had like a lot of pain start shooting up my left leg all the way up my back and it hurt really bad but I hate to complain but then I seen the walmart employee who was supposed to be mopping talking to another employee and was prolly 5 feet away from the spot.I told a manager and said someone is going to get hurt bad on that.They cleaned it up,but by the time I got to my car I was in tears I was hurting so bad.What would you do about this?The Place was not busy either. I dont know if I should go to the ER or not.Or if I should Sue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• What I would do is call Labor and Dilivery and tell them what happend and what kind of pain you are having, then go from there. If you want to do someting about walmart I would call them and ask to speak to a manager and explaine to them what happend and that your preggo and then go from there, but I would call L&D first see what they tell you.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• OP-Also posted in current events and pregnancy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Just wondering...why are you posting this in 3 places? And why are you on the computer if you are in such pain over this instead of taking your butt to the hospital to make sure you're ok? You fall down, 9 mo pregnant & your first thought is "sue"!?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I think it really says something when you post this under "MONEY"....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• and why did you not tell the manger and have them fill out a repeort and have thme take you from the hospital from there because if you go to sue and did not notify the store it going to hurt you and also waiting so long to go to the hospital is
    tazmidgiefairy

Answer by tazmidgiefairy at 2:43 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• check yourself first in the l&d room.. then sue them.. you're pregnant and you got hurt by their ignorancy
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 2:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Ok I know you have to go to the doctor to sue i am not that stupid I meant it like should I do this and this or just leave it alone....anyways no the manager did not offer to write a report and another thing I would go to the hospital but some of us have a crappy husband who wont take them and bitches and moans about everything.........I dont drive so therefore I am stuck unless i call an ambulance and cant afford it..... it is now 5 hours later or something and I am still in horrible pain in my back and leg but I guess thats what i get......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• your nine months pregnant-how close to your due date? Maybe you just stated the process early. First off you didn't see the liquid on the floor? No Walmart I have been in has anything but white floor. Was there a sign stating wet floor? Maybe the employee you thought was just standing around was getting help. I worked retail and several employees had to respond to calls like that. The manager didn't fill out an accident report? Thats also your bad. They have to if you reported you fell and they also would have called EMS unless you said no thats okay. Besides if you sue you better hope the camera tape backs up your side. And since hubby took drove you to Walmart then you should have had him drive you to the er? Said he won't what the heck is he going to do when you go into labor? Tell you to walk. And why are you staying with a man that cares so little about you and your child's wellbeing?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• wait eent back and read you told a manager someone would get really hurt on that! Yeah you. YOU should have said I just got hurt on that and need care. You didn't seem to hurt at the time.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I smell a lawsuit, money seeker!!! Walmart does a fantastic job of cleaning up all their spills instantly. Unless it was planned.... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Feb. 23, 2010