I just slipped in Walmart and did a split I am currently 9 months pregnant..help with this please!

I went to Walmart to get my daughter some juice because she ran out while the hubby was at work.I got the groceries while my husband walked off,when I went to find him I was looking down each isle to see if I could see him and slipped in some blue liquid on the floor and did a split not a little split a big split and I caught myself before hitting the floor.I then started walking again and had like a lot of pain start shooting up my left leg all the way up my back and it hurt really bad but I hate to complain but then I seen the walmart employee who was supposed to be mopping talking to another employee and was prolly 5 feet away from the spot.I told a manager and said someone is going to get hurt bad on that.They cleaned it up,but by the time I got to my car I was in tears I was hurting so bad.What would you do about this?The Place was not busy either. I dont know if I should go to the ER or not.Or if I should Sue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i would go to the er and if they find something then yes sue i had a friend lose a baby bc she fell where the roof was linking. only if ur hurt or some kind of damage to the unborn child
    breonnas_mom

Answer by breonnas_mom at 2:01 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• sounds like a pulled muscle.
    if you don't go to the doctor, you can't sue for anything. just so you know, you have to have proof, plus those suits only generally pay medical bills. laws are limiting "pain and suffering"
    if you think you are hurt, go to the doctor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I would get check out just to be on the safe side. I'm sure the baby is probably fine but it's better to be safe than sorry. You can file a complaint with the wal-mart to get your medical bills paid for. The will likely just settle.

Sueing is going over board in my opinion. It's not like your going have lasting affects from this or something so I think getting sue happy is a bad idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• the roof was linking???? how does a roof link? was it made out of chains?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I cant imagine why if you are in such pain you haven't went to the ER but instead you come to cafemom & ask if you should sue someone! Wow....just wow....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• If you don't go to the dr. what would you be suing for exactly? And how would you prove anything happened if you didnt have the manager make an incident report?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Ok I know you have to go to the doctor to sue i am not that stupid I meant it like should I do this and this or just leave it alone....anyways no the manager did not offer to write a report and another thing I would go to the hospital but some of us have a crappy husband who wont take them and bitches and moans about everything.........I dont drive so therefore I am stuck unless i call an ambulance and cant afford it..... it is now 5 hours later or something and I am still in horrible pain in my back and leg but I guess thats what i get......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I honestly think its too late for you to turn around and sue them, you should have filled out an incident report and then went to the ER. Now you should call your OB/Gyn and see what they want you to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• you should have went to the front of the store and filled out an accident report right away. You probably wont get anything by walking out with not telling someone
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 7:26 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• BTW- They will not OFFER to write a report, why would they want that on their name? You need to demand that they write one and you need to do it ASAP. To sue a big coorporation takes steps and you need to watch your back and get an attorney etc etc etc, most likely then not you will end up losing. If you dont have money and stuff how would you afford an attorney and trips to the attorney back and fourth etc? I guess better left alone at this point...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2010