Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

fraid of my husband!

so me and my husband have been together for a year but been marred for 7 months and durring that whole time all he has done was hurt me, physically and mentally. im 4 months pregnant and im due july 27th, hes deployed right now and im worried that when he gets back he will hurt me and take my baby away from me because he more stable then me. hes in the army and i dont have a job and i dont have a licences because of my anxiety. but im going to get them soon for the baby. idk what to do, i want my husband home but at the same time im terrified of him! my biggest fear is him taking the baby away from me. we are getting a house on base and thats like an hour from my parents so i can run to their house whe me and him argue.. im afraid that hes going to kick me out again and im not going to have anywhere to go.. idk what to do.. im going to stay with him and hope that he has changed

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (14)
  • You need to get out and fast. This will never go anywhere positive and you have a child to think about now. You can divorce him, he will have to pay you child support and he cannot take the baby away unless he can prove you are unfit. Is this the type of relationship you want to model for your child? Seriously, get out while you can.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • By the way - Men don't change

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • get out now! it's easier to do while he's gone!

    women should NEVER live in a situation where they are AFRAID of their husbands!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • I agree. Live with your parents or find a woman's abuse shelter. Get your license. Find a source of income (if you want to be a SAHM, maybe you could live with your parents and watch a few other kids for some money or... something). Figure something out because he is going to hurt you again and going to hurt your baby. Google domestic abuse support, abuse, abuse shelters, etc and find support!

    Answer by Bellarose0212 at 2:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • run do not walk but run away from this man. 1 st file charges that he has hit you in the past with the mps. call the IG and ge4t them involved. move, get a restrainig order . this man will not change he will continue to hurt you and your child. if your son sees this he will think it is ok. do you want to know your son is beaking someone. if your daughter sees this she will think it is normal and will end dup with a man who hurts her. is that what you want for lyour children. even if he never lays a finger on them he will warp their minds. please fro the sake of your child leave

    Answer by mom2snsb at 2:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • Yes I totally agree get out.. no matter how hard it is...get out! Esepcially while he is gone and he cannot hurt you. They are not going to take your baby away from you because you don't have a place of your own and bc you don't have a D.L. if your husband is deployed often I can't really see the court giving him full custody, how could they if hes gone all the time? Do not be scared to leave, if you know your going to be a good mother and you know you are willing to take care of this child 24/7 with out him, or atleast seperated from him than do it!!!! Actually even if you seem to think your not going to be a good mother you still need to get out. Your child doesn't deserve to be brought into that kind of situation. Plus you don't deserve to be in that situation either. Get out while hes gone, and def do not go with him to that house!! If your a hour away he will have you where he wants you, away from family so you'll have

    Answer by sexy_can_i at 2:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • no where to go and you do not want that. And to tha ANON that said men don't change. That is dumb as hell. seriously, everyone can change if they really want to and set their mind to it...male or female. why do i have the feeling you've been burned one too many times by men? But still that doesn't give you the right to say something like that. obviously its not offensive to anyone on here bc there are no men, BUT i still think its not cool to put that into someone's head.

    Answer by sexy_can_i at 2:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • sexy can i I think she was refering to the fact that once an a abusier always an abusier. I know that is a fact, i've been there many times. Honestly you need to get out while you can, and he will try his hardest to say he's changed to keep you there but don't fall for it like i did.

    Answer by SuperSavy at 2:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • Seriously? You are waiting around for someone to come home and abuse you? Why don't you LEAVE while he is gone? He can't take away your baby if he doesn't know where you are. Just pack and leave. Go anywhere. Find help in another city.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

  • See you in the Emergency Room.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.