I just slipped in Walmart and did a split I am currently 9 months pregnant..help with this please!

I went to Walmart to get my daughter some juice because she ran out while the hubby was at work.I got the groceries while my husband walked off,when I went to find him I was looking down each isle to see if I could see him and slipped in some blue liquid on the floor and did a split not a little split a big split and I caught myself before hitting the floor.I then started walking again and had like a lot of pain start shooting up my left leg all the way up my back and it hurt really bad but I hate to complain but then I seen the walmart employee who was supposed to be mopping talking to another employee and was prolly 5 feet away from the spot.I told a manager and said someone is going to get hurt bad on that.They cleaned it up,but by the time I got to my car I was in tears I was hurting so bad.What would you do about this?The Place was not busy either. I dont know if I should go to the ER or not.Or if I should Sue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• go to the er to see if you are hurt before talking sue.
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 2:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Walmarts policy is to take a report of the incident at least at our local store that is the policy. You probably pulled something in your leg and should rest if the pain gets worse then call your doctor especially if you start to feel contractions. I did a face plant and landed on my belly when i was 7 months, we called the doctor and he told me to rest and stay off my feet and if there was any bruising on my belly to go to the hospital. In the end i was fine, baby was fine and I learned to wear better snow boots
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Don't know if you should necessarily sue but definitely fill out an incident report with them if you have not already. I slipped in a target and thought I would be fine a few months back, I've actually had lower back issues ever since. I think maybe I could get them to pay for a chiropracter if I had documented it, but I wouldn't want a big frivolous lawsuit. I am pretty afraid of the ER, so if it were me I would call my reg healthcare provider (their answering service should patch you through with a question like this one) and I would be doing kick counts every hour or two and watching out for any cramping. If I didn't feel any movement for a long time during a kick count or started cramping, I might seek an ultrasound to see what was going on. If you end up going into preterm labor and having lots of medical bills, you would want them to pay for that so document it.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I have a hard time believing a manager didn't take a report at least. At the wal mart by me, if something like that happened not only do they do a report they would have called an ambulance for you. Also, why didnt you call your own doctor at least? If I fell at 9 mo. pregnant i would certainly go to be checked out no matter what.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Did you file an incident report? If not you have nothing to sue with and should go to the doctor to make sure you are ok. If you did then go to the hospital if something is wrong talk to an accident lawyer. I sued walmart... I came into contact with foreign blood the ONLY reason I sued was after I told them what happened and filed a report the lady said they would remove the object. My friend went back to see if they did and nope they just neatly put it back into place for another person to use. I had to have extensive testing done so I sued for medical costs.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Kind of doubtful you could sue anyone if you still haven't gone to get medical attention. They would say, well if its that serious she would have immediately went to the hospital or doctor, esp. being pregnant & all. I think its funny you asking, "should I get medical help..or should I sue?" Because frankly you arent getting crap by suing if you dont go get medical help!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I would be more worried about my baby then about suing someone at this point
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• When I was 8 1/2 mths prego me,my DH his bro & there mom went to Arbys to eat. Well i went to get a drink & slipped on the floor & landed right on my butt.at first i just sat there then got up slowy with the aid of my DH & his brother.They sat me down & DH went & spoke to the manager. They had me fill out a report & i thought that was it. That night the pain was unberrable ended up at the ER & found out i broke my tailbone. The DR told me they were going to contact the Arbys & speak with them..well 3 weeks later i recived a large package in the mail with a ton of useless info from the head of Arbys but then my DH found an envelope inside with a check for $300 and unlimited meals. Not much but i got something out of them....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Ok I know you have to go to the doctor to sue i am not that stupid I meant it like should I do this and this or just leave it alone....anyways no the manager did not offer to write a report and another thing I would go to the hospital but some of us have a crappy husband who wont take them and bitches and moans about everything.........I dont drive so therefore I am stuck unless i call an ambulance and cant afford it..... it is now 5 hours later or something and I am still in horrible pain in my back and leg but I guess thats what i get......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Why are you asking a bunch of strangers. Are you in severe pain? Or are you seeking attention?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Feb. 23, 2010