hemerrhoid question...?

ok i've had hemerrhoids off an on since i had my first daughter which was a while ago and they never got bad, but just yesterday it got bad. i dont want to say how bad because im ashamed and embarassed. i dont have a regular doctor just an ob because im 36 weeks pregnant and my husband is getting out of the army. will my ob be able to help me? this just started yesterday and it hurts so bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• yes, the OB can help

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yes your OB can help with this, mine did. Also have your Dh go pick up some witch hazel pads they help alot when you have flare ups and it wont affect the baby. The pads will cool the burning and help shrink them down. My ob actually offered to take care of mine right after my son was born, sadly i was so busy looking at baby i had no clue what he was saying and i missed out on the chance to have them taken care of.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• this is the poster, i have used the cream, and it's not working, and i have the pads and they just burn. i just wanted to know if my ob would be able to help me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• yes, the OB can help
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I know this sounds very odd, but ice can help. :) Fill a condom with water and freeze. Put on any unmentionables that are swollen and need a little ice. :) Use a baggie so you can throw the baggie out and keep the "bumscicle".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• When I was prego I was like that. Nasty. Get some baby oil..I don't know why it helps but it does. I think they feel worse when they're dry from being wiped with toilet paper. You can also try getting a sitzbath (I think you can get these from medical supply stores or pharmacies) and a bag of Epsom salts. Soak your butt! lol...isn't being a woman FUN? I hope you get some relief. I hear witch hazel works too but I've never tried that.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 3:33 AM on Feb. 23, 2010