My son is just over 2. Need help with potty training please.

My son Devon absolutely hates to wear a diaper. He freaks out when he has to have his butt changed. We have a potty chair for him. I was just wondering how to go about potty training a boy. Do I sit him down to potty? Or do I have him stand up? He has been showing signs that he is ready to be potty trained. He is at the point where he tries to pull his pants/shorts down. Is it too soon to potty train? Should I go ahead and get started with him? I would love any input into this subject please. I am open to any and all suggestions. Please help. Thanks. :)

tnvplus2

Asked by tnvplus2 at 2:39 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My sister used to put cheerios in the toilet and then he would shoot/aim at them trying to "sink the cheerios" worked pretty good for my nephew. Although alot of people I know have trained their boys to sit. So I guess its whatever will work for you. Just remember lots of praise. I used the reward system with my daughter, she got one m&m for peeps and 2 m&ms for poops..woked awesome! :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:49 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Go ahead and try it. We're training our son sitting down. Makes it easier to get him to stay long enough for something to happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2010