Do you have to take medicines every day?

How do you remember? I have medicine I HAVE to take or I get really sick. AND I can't remember! (It actually affects my memory if I don't take it!) HELP. Give me some tips PLEASE!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• I set the alarm in my cell phone
    allfiller08

Answer by allfiller08 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Make it part of your routine, whether its in the morning, or after supper. If its in the morning you could always leave a note on your bathroom mirror, like right in the middle, so theres no way to miss it. or fill up a glass of water, and put it in the fridge, and everytime you open the fridge you will see it, and be reminded to take your pills. ooooooor if you have a cellphone, set it up to remind you everyday at a certain time. orrrr leave a note on your pillow, so when you hop into bed at night you will have remembered to take them
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I've been on tegretol (for sezuires) for almost 10 years now, and take it 3 times a day. It's easy for me to remember, because I'm so freaked out if I don't take it I'll have another seizure (its been 4 years now since I had one). But a good way I still like to remind myself is before I eat a meal (breakfast, lunch, dinner) I take my medicine. It has worked for me for 10 years, and this is not a medication you want to mess around with. Changing the dosage, or missing one can cause you to have a seizure. And it is also on the tops list of birth defects ... I'm very blessed to have 2 healthy kids. I hope your able to come up with away to remember! Just get into a patern, and it will stick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I take a few everyday but the most important is Dilantin, which is another medicine for seizures. I have trouble remembering so I keep a little notebook on my desk and write down when I take it (6am, 2pm, 10pm) because I can take it and forget I did so and end up taking more than I should or I can forget to take it altogether... but not if I write it down as soon as I take it. Try that.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 5:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• The only medicine I take is my hormone patches, which I don't exactly take them, I just reapply a new patch every 5 days. Before I got my hormones right I use to take pills daily and couldn't remember if I took it or not. I started setting an alarm on my phone to remind me to take them. As soon as the alarm went off I would stop what I was doing and take it. Now that I'm on the patches I still forget to reapply a new one so I went through my phone and programmed an alarm every 5 days to remind me to put a new one on. When the alarm goes off I stop what I'm doing and put a new patch on. Before I started that, my husband use to come up to me calmly and ask "Did you take your hormones?", just making sure my mood swings weren't from forgetting. Poor guy knows my hormones better than I do. I also keep extras in my purse as a just in case I'm not home when the alarm goes off.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 9:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Get a pill box and keep it on the counter so you see it everyday. Fill it on Saturday night after you've taken your last pill.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2010