Decorating Ideas ... Please Help!!!

Does anyone have tips on decorating a mobile home? We just moved ina few months ago, and I haven't been able to think of what to do decorating wise with it. The origional owner was my MIL, so it is in great condition. I''d like to keep myself on a budget, haven't come up with the numbers yet. Just nothing to much you know. Okay well any tips will be awesome!

If you have any outdoor ideas also, I'm gonna work on the outside this summer. Couldn't hurt to get a few ideas for that too :)

Mom_of_2_boyz87

Asked by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• A good way to decorate w/out spending alot of money is throw pillows and curtains in the living room (maybe a new rug), we painted the bathroom in our mobile home and put down new tile, also new tile in the kitchen and painted the cabinets there. It was all the original wood paneling, in great shape, but still 1970's wood paneling. Oh yea and we painted the living room. We stuck to light creme colors and it really brightened it up - we got everything at Big Lots and it probably cost us 50-75 bucks (but this was 10 years ago).
    Good luck!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• I just tear out pictures from magazines and catalogs and use those for inspiration. Last year I saw some cool framed photographs in a Crate and Barrel catalog. I had three photographs of ours printed in black and white and 11x14 inches from shutterfly and then framed them at Michael's and saved about $200. Probably could have done it even cheaper by buying already made frames. If you have a Garden Ridge, they have pretty cool stuff at affordable prices.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• plylerjones - Thanks! Ours is I think a 1996 so we don't have the pannell issues. But I still would like to paint the place.

Christina807 - Thanks! My SIL and I actually where talking about doing that exact samething lastnight! I think once I can find an insperation on what I want to do things will just come into place as we go.
    Mom_of_2_boyz87

Answer by Mom_of_2_boyz87 at 11:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2010

• If you like the "old World" look you can texture the wall like I have have. Just buy a bucket of joint compound and a trowl and slap it on! Looks great..! Everyone loves it. Plus if you have the "older" type mobil homes with the little wood that covers the wallboard joints, you can remove them and cover all that up with the compound! Works really good.. give your room Texture and depth. We also like the "cabin" look so we did one whole wall in Cypress wood. OMG.. what a difference.. It very inexpensive if you go to a lumber Yard that cuts the wood. Ours is tonge and Groove. VERY easy to put up. Just depends on what decor YOU like! Now a days ANYTHING goes.. good luck!! :))
    Garagdoll
    GaRagdoll

Answer by GaRagdoll at 8:56 AM on Mar. 2, 2010