Should Infants have Life Insurance?

Does anyone have Gerber Life Insurance and if so: what is your experience with them? Does the company HONOR what it says?

novice2008

Asked by novice2008 at 3:00 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• Financial planners tell you that its a waste of money to have life insurance on children. The purpose of life insurance is to replace a years worth of lost wages for an adult who supports a household. And the idea that you are doing it to make sure the child is able to be insured later in life is a fallacy as well. Unless your child is born with a chronic health condition the chances of them being uninsurable as an adult are practically nil.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I have a small plan through my work that costs $1.15 a pay period. It's so just in the event of the unthinkable funeral costs would be covered. If I remember correctly Gerber is much more expensive than that.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 3:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• all three of my kids do and I'm grateful. Why? Well my son has a disease that when he becomes an adult will disqualify him from obtaining it. Now he has it and they cannot even deny me additional coverage.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2010