sorry another question about hemerrhoids...?

ok im just going to be honest here. my hemerrhoid problem didn't get bad until yesterday. it's starting to bulge out from the hole and it hurts so bad. i know it's bad but it just literally happened yesterday. i have an appt with my ob later today for something else but should i wait for my ob to look at it and help me or should i wake my hubby up and go into the er and see what they can do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• Just wait. When mine were really bad I also had an appt. like the next day or so. I called and talked to the nurse on the nurses line. She said they could get me a prescription but it was really expensive or I could come to the office to pick up some samples. I just waited for my appt. and got some samples, It was called rectagel, it was great. And besides, your bed is way more comfortable than the chairs at the ER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Stay home til your appointment. This might help though. GET a pain reliever that has ibuprofen in it. I would take Voltarin, don't know if you have it in the US but it is fantastic & will help the pain within about 15minutes. As you are on Cafemom, do you have kids? Grab the best nappy cream you ever used. We have bepanthen here, with panthenol & it is really good.
    Now, wash your hands, squirt some cream onto your finger & you need to very gently cover the Hemmy, then VERY gently, push the bulging bits back inside. It will make you wanna cry, but will also help alot after. A Hemmy is a blood vessel that has sort of strangled itself, & having it trapped on the outside means the blood trapped in there has more pressure behind it, & is harder to drain. Putting it back inside at least gets it back where it belongs, & reduces rubbing when you sit. Drink lots, avoid standing too long, or sitting on hard surfaces.
    Good luck HUGS
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Rectagel has a really good anti-inflammatory, we have to get it from a pharmacist, but it is worth asking.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2010