just venting..mild cursing.

so we just moved to a CA were from NJ.in Jersey we had tons for friends always doing somthing. myDH went out more then i did & had something to do every weekend.i really didnt bother me that much.now were in CA (due to getting stationed here) & people are boring. i can tell DH is very depressed & its deppressing me. we cannot find a babysitter for more then 2 hrs. & thats even pushing it. Now that we got stationed here all his friends from NJ just like gave up on emailing him. Ive tried to contact them to get together in Vegas for DH bday & even his so called "best friend" blew me off.i dont knw what the hell the deal is. I can see that DH is deppressed & its killing me he askes me to find a babysitter & i really try but i cant find any..any ideas? its killing me to see DH like this im pissed & hes gettig mad over little things then apologizes ..i duno just looking for help. thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• you pick the wrong friends try a church to meet people in the area?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• these are tough times,not very many people can just fly to vegas to celebrate a birthday. They should atleast email or call tho if they're really friends.
    I'm sure t here's a lot of people who can't conform to military life and it sounds like you and your hubby are two of them. My Mom lived in several countries and managed to do it with a couple of kids in tow and i'm sure it was hard to leave her family and friends but she made new friends on base (and she was a shy lady) and made the best of a bad situation. Find some groups of people on base that like to do the same things you do, with them being military they're from all over the place, so surely there's some there that are from the northeast part of the country :) Do online search from groups, or see if there's a base listing on here, or on other sites to get to know people.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 3:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• How long ago did you move? It takes time to make friends, especially when you are starting off some place totally new like you are. Maybe the two of you can do a date night in? Put the kids to bed, turn down the lights, open a bottle of wine, have some yummy take out (and order dessert too!), and just enjoy each other's company. Or maybe you can hire baby sitters in shifts. If one will only stay for two hours, maybe you can get another sitter to relieve her after the kids are in bed or something. Then you can maybe get 4 hours?

Good luck and hang in there. Change can be really hard sometimes.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• It takes time to find good friends. And it sounds like he did not have good friends in NJ.

You will have to find thing to do with the kids that can be fun for all.

sooner or later the parting does stop.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 9:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• where in ca did you move? if you are anywhere near pendleton there are a lot of moms on here that are in the area!
    kyuteangl88

Answer by kyuteangl88 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• We werent even "partying" most of the places we went we brought our son. And its not like going to Vegas was just a spur of the moment thing. We've all talked about it for months cause its not just for his bday its for 2 other guys' as well. Hes been in the service going on 6 years, so yes we can adjust to Military life just fine. Its just werre used to having people who arent so boring.
    Anonymous