She's 19 months old, she wants to use the potty!

ok so how do i go about getting her to understand she ha to go to the potty everytime she has to go...right now she just wants to go when she wants to go...mostly when mommy does lol so how do i go about this...i have two daughters but she is my oldest so this is new to me...please give me some suggestions... and she is very smart and understands a good bit, please help me out lol i would love to have her out of diapers by summer...oh and is 19 months too young? like i said this is my first time around on this subject...i know some do it way earlier but is she really old enought o understand the whole process....?

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 3:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My oldest was totally potty trained by 20 months even at night. She pretty much did it her self ~ VERY early and kind of unusual. Let your girl set the pace. If she is going every single time you go potty, if she is dry threw out the night then she may be ready for you to take her potty every hour or so. Dont be suprised if her interest doessnt last at this age. Kids are all different my youngest acted interested for a little minute but wasnt "potty trained" until she was 3 1/2.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 5:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My oldest was potty trained by that age she did it pretty much by herself also she would wake up dry in the morning and then I'd take her potty & then throughout the day this started when she was not quite a yr old. This was 30 some yrs ago my boy was extremely hard being a boy he wasn't fully trained until about 3 1/2. My baby whos only 8 was potty trained before she was 2 also it just wasn't as easy with her as I was working fulltime then and didn't have the time to devote to her like I had my oldest when I stayed home. Good Luck they'll let you know when they are ready
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Mine is just 28 months and has been trained for a few months now. But my mom said I was trained by about 19 months myself, so no. Not too early.

Have you tried taking her even when you don't have to go to see if she will, you may just have to start doing that, after about a week or so of me and everyone that watched her doing that with my little one, she got the concept down and would tell, but if whoever was watching her turned their back to do something else. She would have accidents then. Not everytime, but every accident she had was when i was folding laundry or putting it from the washer to the dryer. Or doing dishes.
    After maybe another week, she would tell me no matter what I was doing..she was pretty easy to train.
    mom_love07

Answer by mom_love07 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 23, 2010