6 yr old Grandson molested I am just devasted

My 6 yr old grandson was molested by a 13 yr old boy 2 times that anyone knows of. He didn't even cry the mom of the 13 yr old went into his room to see what they were doing and found the 13 yr old pulling up my grsons clothes he has now admitted doing this 2 his 2 sisters. We are wondering since my grson has been acting so weird the past few weeks if his stepdad isn't amybe doing the ame thing since boys are allowed at moms house torun around with no clothes on. My stepdaughter has 3 boys the 6 yr old lives with dad.
I guess I just needed to get this out. I don't know what to do to help my grson. I feel like puking it just makes me sick to my stomach that kids can do that to each other.
Ladies do not leave your children alone with anyone over the age of 9 I was told by a counselor.
Thanks for reading and listening. Hugs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Oh how sad and scary i would just say be there for him!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 6:36 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Oh I am so sad for you. We had a similar situation with our 5yr old daughter in May. Just rips your heart out. I can say that while it is absolutely all you can think about now, & the years to come seem so cloudy, with correct counselling he will be okay, you & your family will find joy & peace again, After 8 months it isn't the first thing on my mind when I wake up, & our little girl is so happy, skippety doing around like nothing has happened. Often the adults take it much harder than the little kids.
    I wish I could give you a big hug and let you know it will be okay. The beautiful thing about him getting counselling is that if anything else dodgy is going on with anyone else (like your suspicions) they will find that out.
    Hang in there & love him up, try to not let him see you sad all the time, so he doesn't feel like he made you sad by telling. It will be okay. XXX
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• oh wow, lets post it all over the internet!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• you mentioned nothing about the police, has this been reported?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:55 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• anon :52 may you never know what this lady is going through. She feels the need to get it out, who are you to judge? No names are used, nothing identifying. If you didn't want to know, why did you even check the question?
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 6:59 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• i would not assume the father is doing the same....when someone is in this situation its VERY easy for them to see it everywhere...but im not saying to close your eyes to things around you...just keep an eye...talk to the mother too, counseling might help the boy...he might act fine but as he gets older its going to start to sink in what happened to him...preparing now for that will help him tremendously.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 8:13 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I feel awful for your family. BUT this is why it's my personal opinion that mothers should always raise their children. (unless they're deadbeats, but you said your daughter has her other 2 children living with her, right?) If my husband ad I ever split up, he'd be hard pressed to get custody of our kids. No one watches them like me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• what th 552anony how is this child's name and town being posted all over the internet, no one else sees the girl's name or town. Unless you're saying you know the family posting the question. If you know this family if you can't give support then stay away. If your kids are ever bullied in any way you'll do the same thing search for support to get through it.

op I'm so sorry for what happened. I'd include getting a lawyer's opinion on your behalf, granddaughter's behalf, as part of counseling too to make sure legally that it's set no younger children visit there and the boys sisters are safe. I know sometimes lawyers give free consults over the phone or a small charge for an office consult.

Hope things get better granmama. Prayers for your family!!
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 9:14 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I was molested for 9 years (age 1 to 10) and didn't say a word until I was 10. It was by a family member (a male cousin) and in me telling tore that whole side of the family apart. Needless to say, I watch all of my children very closely. I went through hell. I was court-ordered counseling and my parents deemed in unnecessary. I had a hearing at the sheriff's office and after that fell through the cracks of the judicial system. My cousin got off the hook because by the time I told he was no longer a juvenile and was an adult and because he was family my parents decided not to press charges. I have just now picked up my own pieces and started living because of this.
    You need to make sure that little boy is properly taken care of. If he sees you fighting for him and making sure he is loved, and taken care of and someone sticking up for him, he will be okay over time. Just fight, and love unconditionally. cont...
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• And please make sure that he knows it's not his fault. He can never hear that too much. He doesn't need a pity party, he just needs love and support. It breaks my heart that this happened. It sends flashes of my childhood and the pain and misery. It's an open wound that does not heal easily. I wish you and your grandson the best.
    midnightshadow2

Answer by midnightshadow2 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 23, 2010