Anxiety, Panic and Bi-Polar Disorder + Hypertension

I have been diag with all of the above. I need some advise please. I am still currenty working full time but it gets harder and harder to get up and go to work. The simple things in life that everyone enjoys has been stripped from me the pass year. I have been to many doctors and all they want to do is give me a pill (in most cases just makes it worst). My question Do you think that a job is more important than your health? BTW I did apply for SSI disabilty and was denied, because I made to much money.It's either strave and loose everything or drive to work lightheaded and nervous putting not only myself but others at risk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• You do not need to validate yourself, you did not deserve to be attacked by that nasty soul. Good luck to you and do what YOU think you should do or what the docs suggest to you. None of us have spent a minute in your shoes and we cannot possible imagine what your day to day life is like but to compare it to our own, hence the reason some people are so thoughtless in their words though it does not justify it one bit. It doesn't matter if you paid one year into SS or 30, if you need it, it is there for a reason. I work for an attorney and I cannot even count the amount of SS cases that we get that are on appeal because they have been denied the first two times. Don't give up and do what you feel you need to do to better your life. Social services/social security etc. are there for people who need it and it is not easy to get as most people wrongly assume, they make you jump through every hoop known to man. Be true to yourself.
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 7:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Really? How old are you Sweetie Pie? I had all the above for twelve years and I WAS ABLE TO WORK. That's a sad pathetic excuse. If you have these symptoms and are taking medications for them, you are NOT TRYING to work through them. I suggest you seek someone who is going to help you first, rather than running to disability seeking. See, this is what is wrong with America today. This should not be allowed EVER. You need to seek a professional hypno-therapist, or a psychiatrist and find out WHY you are experiencing these things. MEDICATION is never going to solve your ISSUES. And, NO it's not good enough to go on disability for the rest of your life, while the rest of us, hard working citizens, do it for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I can say I have had most of those & been on PLENTY of meds.6 yrs later, I'm only on one. Stay with it, & don't give up. Usually people who go for disability don't get it the 1st & even 2nd time , 3rd times a charm.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• wow first of all I have to say to the other anonymous person that you are completely out of line and that is NO way to talk to ANYONE who is ILL. She did not ask to be attacked she asked for opinions and your response was nasty and out of line, go get a grip and get over yourself. What is right for YOU may NOT be right for HER. My sister suffers from all of the above and you know what...she CANNOT work she is a disaster. ME...I also suffer from the above, and? I CAN work, I am heavily medicated BUT quite functional, if I personally do NOT work I have more manifestations of MY symptoms, but I also suffer far LESS from DEPRESSION which can be delibitating for those who suffer...so the diseases are different for everyone and manifest themselves differently IN everyone. She may not be able to do an office job, but maybe she had not considered exploring at home work options. People with mental illness need SUPPORT not JUDGMENT.
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 9:29 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Have you ever had a food panel rast test for IgG done? You may be sensitive to certain foods like gluten or dairy and it's interfering with your behavior and emotions. My son was severely depressed, threatened to kill himself and wanting to die, until we removed gluten from his diet. Sometimes all that is need is simple diet changes to regain control of your body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• To the first poster, I am 52 years old and HAVE been wooking since I was 18, I don't EXPECT you to do a damn thing for me I was meary asking advise. Because you may be in good health and are very judgemental don't be so curel. I have paid into the system just as you have. I have been dealing with this since 2004 and it has just gotten to the place where meds are not controling it any more. Maybe one day your BP will go up to 210\115 then I wonder how the hell you will feel! BTY poster #1 at this time I am working FULL TIME so if you don't have any thing good to say then you need to shut the F*** up!!!

Poster # 2 and 3 Thank you for coming to my denfence some people are just very rude.

Poster # 4 no I have not had that test, but am going to a new doctor so I am going to request it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2010