Anybody know what to use to get that thick axel grease from a semi tractor/trailer out of a light colored carpet?

My husband had it on his shoes and didn't realize he had tracked it into almost every room in our house. Nothing is working. Going to go to AutoZone today and try to find something but thought maybe somebody would know what would work. This stuff isn't your ordinary grease.

proud2Bmomma

Asked by proud2Bmomma at 9:24 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try using a heavy duty degreaser on the carpet first and blot it up...rinse it well and clean it like normal.

my oldest son once got into some old oil in our barn and tracked it inside the house on our white carpet and smeared it on the leather couches...that seemed to do the trick. LoL

Goodluck!
    Craftymomof3

Answer by Craftymomof3 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Greased lightening worked for our carpets, but they're not really light. Try steam to loosen it up, or boiling water and degreaser.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Goop or the orange hand scrub? Dawn Dish soap? magic eraser?
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Fast Orange.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 9:49 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My husband and I own a carpet cleaning business. First I would do as Craftymomof3 suggested with a super duty degreaser. Then any residual stain I would get a professional grade stain remover product for carpets. It's actualy sold to consumers at Home Depot, it's called FOLEX and works wonders on pretty much all stains. It's what we use in our business as our stain treatment....though in tougher stains it's okay to use a soft bristle brush instead of just blotting with a cloth (just don't use a hard bristle because that can damage your carpets fibers)!

http://www.folex.net/index.html

Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2010