Surrogate mothers, where do I begin?

I want to be one! I am done having my children, tubes are tied. My kids are 3 and 6. I want to help someone have the dream I do. How do I start? Where do I begin?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well the fact that your tubes are tied is going to be an issue, contact an agency that deals with surragogates! I hope it works out for you what a great gift!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:45 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Having your tubes tied is not an issue. -be between the ages of 21-37 years of age -must have given birth to a healthy child -if have had miscarriage, must have had healthy births since -BMI no higher than 30 (some clinics will allow up to 34) (http://www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/dnpa/bmi/) -live in a surrogate friendly state: We are very sorry but we can not accept gestational carriers who reside in Washington, Nebraska, Michigan, New York, New Jersey, or anywhere outside of the United States. -must have support of family and friend -no use of illegal drugs, cigarette use, or alcohol abuse -no current use of anti depressants (must have ceased 6-12 months prior to applying and has to have been time limited use) -no current use of Depo Provera or IUD (must be removed immediately and have two cycles before

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2010