my face is breaking out. What do I use to prevent this? Anything?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I totally understand how you feel. I went through that starting at 13 years old and it is super frustrating. I have been using Mary Kay since then and it works beautifully. I became a consultant when I was 18 to help others with their skin issues.  The most important thing is to use a good skin care routine.   PM me for the special I have for Cafemom's. www.marykay.com/ahenderson1

AmyMK

Answer by AmyMK at 9:46 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I started using Clean and Clear Acne Advantage Control kit recently and it has helped my skin a lot!! I never had skin problems before, but for some reason, the last few months, in my mid 30's, my face started breaking out. I tried Proactiv for 3 months and it did nothing. The Clean and Clear kit is a lot less expensive than Proactiv and it works well for me and you can buy it anywhere.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Thank you both. I'm in my mid 20's and my face breaking out is not cool, not cool at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I always found that Noxema works the best. I used it when I was younger and still occassionally use it (now in my 40's). When my daughter started breaking out in her teens I introduced her to Noxema and she loves it!!

Mer
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 10:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (like Lush or say yes to tomatoes). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

You may also want to clean up your diet: Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will have more energy and get sick less often, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2010