What do you think of Dirty Harry Reid Stigmatizing unemployed men?

Reid: 'Men, when they're out of work, tend to become abusive'

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/82803-reid-men-when-theyre-out-of-work-tend-to-become-abusive

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 9:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Dingy Reid has a job whats his excuse?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• ^^LOL!

I think it is terrible! Our town puts a "crime sheet" in the paper and all crime except vandalizing is down...that should go down now. We had a "gang" of bored teens "tagging." Not a real gang thank goodness..just a bunch of idiots. They will have less time on their hands now they have to do a lot of community service.

Domestic violence has been a problem for a long time and I am sure the shelters in Nevada have been full for a while. It is good to see this issue get some publicity. HOWEVER, to use it to slander a man because he has no job....to further a progressive political agenda...is SICK.......................that's what we have now in DC...those that will stoop to anything.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:09 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• LOL, I guess he will be speaking from experience by this time next year.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• The man is nuts. People either are abusers or they are not.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I think it is terrible! Our town puts a "crime sheet" in the paper and all crime except vandalizing is down...

Crime nationwide is down. Watch the news you would not think that but they sensationalize everything and are on 24/7 and have to fill that time with something. I guess Reid needs to turn off the CNN and do some real research.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Funny , some on CM  did the same By questioning if all the losers were the one still without jobs.....Who started that thread hmmm??? and how is he stigmatizing them? Please

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Oh lord, what an incredibly stupid statement. However, it IS nice that he has once again confirmed my opinion of him.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Psychologically speaking, a man suffers diminished self confidence and can suffer depression when out of work. It makes sense that when out of work,depressed men can overindulge in drinking which often leads to abusive behavior. So....I see nothing wrong with stating that out of work men are more likely to become abusive. Makes sense to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I agree anon :47..Not working and not having money can make people do things they normally would not do..

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I know someone who is out of work, on drugs and abusive but abusive while working as well
    iammamamma

Answer by iammamamma at 10:52 AM on Feb. 23, 2010