did anyone find out the sex of their baby around 23-24 weeks?

hi ladies. =) at first, i wanted the sex to be a surprise, but my husband convinced me to find out for practical reasons. (like we have been saving my son's clothes but can take them to goodwill or sale them if this baby is a girl etc) & i got scared that i would be disappointed at birth w/ one sex or the other. i know that wouldn't really happen but just this nagging fear i have ;)

so i am having an ultrasound around 23w 5d but i'm kind of wondering if my chances are good of getting an accurate guess at the sex since my feeling is that the baby is much more squished up now than a few weeks ago. i am not planning to have a 2nd ultrasound & i know i will be just fine if it does end up being a surprise. but just thought i'd see if anyone else had a u/s at this point, and was able to find out the sex

=) thanks!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I found out at 24 wks... Before the tech could check anything dd flipped over and spread her legs! Whether or not we wanted to find out, she made it clear!!!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• With DD, we found out at 19 weeks. They were correct about her being a girl. ;)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 9:57 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• ultrasounds are so high tech now, you WILL be able to tell the sex accuratley. I mean, they can count the valves on the heart at 8-14 wks then they can see gender at 23wksperfectly. The heart beat can give it away too. Slower is usually a boy and fast is typically a girl. GL and congrats
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• We found out at 22 weeks. So you should have a very clear shot, all should be well developed!
    Good luck!
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 10:34 AM on Feb. 23, 2010