How to make her not feel this way

I have 2 daughters 3 and 1! I find myself always yelling at my 3 year old when she does something wrong and barely saying anything to my 1 year old when she does something wrong, and same with my husband. I don't want me 3 year old to grow up thinking she never does anything right and her younger sister does. What are other things I can do to show her she is doing something wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make sure you telll her she is doing good when she does things right. Good helper etc. I have 2 children 7 and 9 I wish I had treated my younger one like my older sooner. Pretend you have another infant and treat your 1 year old like you treated your older child when the younger one came along. Make sense?
    mammasamba

Answer by mammasamba at 10:21 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Catch her doing something good!! I know it can be hard some days, I have a 3 year old son, but make it a priority. That praise is a wonderful thing for little ones, it's encouraging for them to more good stuff. I also find if I give him something specific to do, coloring a picture, playing with his cars, it helps.
    lrackley

Answer by lrackley at 9:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2010