What could brown period blood mean?

I got my period sunday and the whole time I've had brown period blood.... I know it means old blood but what could the reason be? I'm on YAZ and have been on it since august but haven't had this! Could it just be the YAZ but when I looked it up it had no reference to this.... I'm at a loss! Please help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Health

• probably the yaz, sometimes your periods are a lot lighter
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:12 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I'm going to the dr but can't make an appt for 3 more hours... I've always had 3 day periods but since being on this they've been week long and suddenly this and it's only 4 days... Either way, I'm getting off YAZ!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• its from b/c. i have this often bexuse i skip periods and onl;y have one every 3 months. so the lining of the uterus from months 1 and 2 becomes "old" and thats why its brown
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:31 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Umm... isn't YAZ one of those bad birth control methods? I mean, it is entirely up to you which method you use.

Doesn't YAZ give you shorter, lighter periods? Perhaps it is just now fully kicking and and they're getting shorter. I don't know, I don't have any experience with it. I hope you find out what is going on.
    Good Luck
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 10:37 AM on Feb. 23, 2010