dark around the eyes

do u know how to get rid of the darknness around ur eyes? and what causes them to appear around ur eyes? i thought that it is cause i do dont get enough of sleep then i heard it is not from sleep.do u have any home remadies for it?

char411

Asked by char411 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• There are lots of causes - lack of sleep, stress, toxins, allergies, age, dehydration, heredity, Anemia etc.
    Arbonne has a great eye creme in their RE9 product line that really helps with dark circles and puffyness. I can send you a free sample if you would like to try it.
    www.getresults.myarbonne.com
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 12:34 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• there are lots of causes, including lack of sleep, stress, etc. some people are just born with a natural excess production of melanin in their skin, which can cause it too. my husband and sister-in-law are two of the latter. they both use the Mary Kay TimeWise Targeted-Action Eye Revitalizer. it contains a patented complex and is clinically proven to work. not to mention i've seen it first hand with my husband and SIL. you can check it out at this link: http://www.marykay.com/juliretzlaff/skincare/antiaging/10011913/10011913/default.aspx

If you have any questions, let me know, I'm happy to help :) 

retz

Answer by retz at 1:32 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My fiance has the same problem. I think his is heredity! I buy him a product by avon for dark undereye treatment and it works great!
    workingmom3

Answer by workingmom3 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I think that Anew Ultimate eye cream is just the best it helps eyes look younger. look for it at www.youravon.com/vlibby
    vlibby

Answer by vlibby at 5:28 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Well I read this as you wanting home remidies, not expensive creams.
    You can get the dark circles from many reasons, dehydration, aging, allergies, rubbing, insomnia, you also might have a reaction to the makeup you are using, etc
    Drink lots of water, cool washclothes, try sleaping with your head more elevated,get enough sleep, and apply cool tea bags to your eyes.
    I have also heard of putting hemrrhoid cream under your eyes. it shrinks blood vessels, just be very carefull not to get it in your eye and test a small ammount on your skin first to make sure your skin is not super sensative to it.
    libbykate

Answer by libbykate at 2:47 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• As a certified Makeup Artist I have many products that work but for things you can do from your home here are a few. Keep some spoons in the fridge in a baggy and place them on your eyes several times a day to reduce swelling. Tea bags are good but make sure its black tea or it wont work, its the tannins that shrink swelling. Cucumbers are astringent and cooling. But dark circles are almost always allergies to something or heredity. There are cosmasutical fixes but they cost money.
    motivesmom

Answer by motivesmom at 10:03 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Sweetie, you probably need to drink more water and eat more nutritional foods. Things we eat will reflect on our skin...so yes get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water and eat healthy.
    redd32

Answer by redd32 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Dark circles and fine lines. I recommend Mary Kay's Timewise Firming Eye Cream & Timewise Targeted Action Eye Revitalizer.

www.marykay.com/pstatewright1
    FREE SHIPPING 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarentee
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 8:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• There are many reasons for dark circles- I recommed drinking more water. To help hide the circles Beauticontrol makes a great yellow primer that you can put under your eyes. You also need to moisturize under your eyes well as the skin is very thin and transparent- BC also makes great moisturizers designed for the age of your skin. Also try eye pads - they have cucumber, arnica and ivy extracts to help with swelling. Great to put in the fride and put on in the morning or place by your bedside and use during your snooze alarm. Check out my website at www.beautipage.com/ginny4bc
    spagirl1826

Answer by spagirl1826 at 1:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Drink more water!!!
    Misha_Barista

Answer by Misha_Barista at 2:08 AM on Jul. 12, 2008