Do any of you guys feel this way?

I have a friend that has a nanny from 7:30 am to 7:30pm. This lady does everything. Cooks, cleans, running the kids to practice, homework, potty training. I never see my friend doing anything. Maybe on the weekend she will cook a meal. MAYBE! She complains if the kids bother her and is always running around after work doing whatever she wants because she has a nanny. I don't hang with her much anymore because I am busy with my kids. She has three kids and they are closer to me and the nanny then to her. The other day they came over to play and her daughter fell down and was bleeding. She ran to me not her mom. Then she always gets upset because her kids are closer to other people. Why have kids if you are just going to leave them to be raised by other? Mothers that work outside the home still try to be home with there kids in the evenings. She does not even do that. I just wish she would come home after work. They miss her.

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 10:30 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• tell her , have her kids tell her to.. I work part time out side the home but am home with my kids by 4:00pm. we play games, cook, watch tv,read, talk.. & I still feel like I don't spend enough time with them. her maternal instinct may not be there.. If she has a hubby or ex he should talk to her as well.. I would not be friends with her anymore, but then the kids would miss you..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:55 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Then you should tell her. Be brutally honest with her
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:35 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• She will be a lonely old woman..She will wonder when she is older why her children could care less about her..Some people are just selfish..I just would not associate with her anymore.Hang out with other mother's that enjoy doing family orientated activities.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Well, that's sad, but that's her life and she's entitled to live it however she sees fit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• aww poor babys. I am dying at work to be with my kids. Why have the kids if you are not there. I just don't understand that. It's always the opposite. Let her kids tell her.
    Prican91181

Answer by Prican91181 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My sister is the same way she has this wonderful amazing 9 year old and could basically care less, does SO many things to get rid of her... sad and pathetic...
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• have the kids write her a letter saying or showing ( if they can't write) how they feel
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 11:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• pfff! Where do I sign up! I would love to take my kids and spend all day with them though. The Nanny can continue to cook and clean though! :)
    Anonymous

• Some people are just like this. It is sad, but what can you do? I belive you should put kids before career if you choose to have kids...they come first. We saw this crap in the daycare I worked in during college. Really sick.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2010