Do you ever see someone that looks identical to someone that has passed away?

It's happened to me three times in the past week and each time I stop and think, then get goose bumps. I saw a guy in Walmart that looked identical to a good friend that died 2 years ago and I just stared. The woman that was with him asked me if I had a problem because I was staring so hard and I explained I had to stop and think because he looked identical to a friend that had died. She said it's happened once before and asked if his name was Casey. I said yep, that's him. Then we went our ways.

It still boggles me that when it happens I'm about to say the persons name out loud, then stop and remind myself they are gone.

Ahh...It's just something I can't get off my mind today.

momtotrips

Asked by momtotrips at 10:53 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes I had a good friend pass away in June and I saw someone that looked just like him in Jan. It really kind of freaked me out!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:56 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• This happened to me at the boardwalk..I saw a man looked just like my grandfather, I just wanted to hug him, this total stranger..It made me feel crazy, but he looked and dressed just like him...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yes. I see a man at walmart every now and then that looks just like my dad. My dad passed away 5 1/2 years ago. Gotta wonder why these things happen.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Same here, I see older couples that look like my parents... What's really hard is when I see them from behind and I pretend it's them.. I know that sounds crazy, but there are days when I miss them both so much...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:28 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yes!!! We had a dear family friend that passed away 2 years ago, and a few months after he died, I saw someone who looked just like him. My friend had long brown hair that he wore in a ponytail, he always wore a baseball cap, a flannel shirt and bluejeans and he rode a motorcycle. A few months after he died, I was driving around, I saw someone on a motorcycle with a long brown ponytail,baseball cap, flannel shirt, and jeans. I almost wrecked my car!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yea I danced with a guy at a dance competition that looked identical to my friend I had lost 3 years ago in Iraq. I about fell over when I saw him, weird thing was he sounded like him and was military as well
    Anonymous

• My aunt looks alarmingly like my mom who died in 2000. The older she gets the more she looks like my mom so when I see her it is a little unnerving. Even my other aunts and uncles have said that. Obviously it isn't a big deal. They are sisters (about 18 months apart in age) so they would look alike but the resemblance is uncanny.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• Yes. It happens every now and again when it comes to 2 of my friends who passed away. And then my 1 uncle is a clone of my dad and every time I see him I just want to cry, I miss my dad so much even after 10 years.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2010

• My brother actually killed himself. I simply was distraught. Nothing could faze me. Finally after weeks I somehow made it out of my house and went to the movies. For two hours I was gone, no thinking of his death. Then as the credits rolled I saw this man walk across the front of the movie theater then pause to watch the credits. I had to stop in my tracks. He was almost a clone of my dad brother. Very harrowing.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 6:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2010