My 11 month old has learned to climb on my couch and chair, but he can't get back down without falling....Help!

My 11 month old son recently learned to climb on the furniture. He is always climbing my couch and chair, he will do it over and over again. I have to repeatedly get him down and he always goes straight back.He has fallen off twice while his daddy was watching him. How can I teach him to get down without getting hurt, or get him to stay away all together. Please Help, any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am so afraid that he is going to get hurt really bad.

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep showing him how to lay on his belly and slide down feet first. He should get it quickly. If your floors are hard you might put blankets or pads or something around the couch and chair until he learns.

Toddlers fall. Sometimes they even need stitches. They get bumps and bruises. Some kids are worse than others. My youngest had stitches in his forehead 4 or 5 times. It seems like every toddler picture he has a bandaid or bruise on his forehead. I got him a little Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle bike helmet he loved and wore even when he wasn't riding his little riding toys.

He survived. He is 21 and has had lots of other stiches and broken bones. Boys like scars! He still cuts himself.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:20 AM on Feb. 23, 2010