Pregnancy and hair color .

I am only 4 weeks pregnant and have a ton of gray hair . Is is really THAT bad to color your hair when your pregnant ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Feb. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes  you can. Just make sure you are in a well ventilated room. The fumes are not good for you to breath in.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I DID IT AND MY DAUGHTER CAME OUT JUST FINE!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• The molecues in hair dye are very large, there is just know way it will make it into your blood stream. This is more of an urban legend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 23, 2010

• I get my hair done professionally, and my stylist (who knows her stuff!) told me it's not really THAT bad, but high-lights and low-lights are preferred. It's more the fumes than anything, and as long as your coloring area is well ventilated, you will be just fine. Just remember that as part of your pregnant bodys hormonal changes, it will effect your coloring results. My stylist had to go a shade lighter than black just to get chocolate brown results!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:51 AM on Feb. 23, 2010